There are a lot of benefits to beer for hair. Maybe it can surprise you, but if you think about the qualities of the beer, you will notice that it is nutrient-rich. In fact, beer has many vitamins, proteins, etc, which also act on the hair.
In this post, you will find information about how to take advantage of all the benefits of beer for hair.
Which is the best beer for my hair?(benefits of beer for hair)
The best beer for the hair doesn’t have to be the most expensive or special in the market. It isn’t necessary.
According to the Dermatological Institute, the alcohol of beer can have the opposite effect of what are we looking for. Because the alcohol can dry the hair. For this reason, you should use the alcohol-free beer.
The nonalcohol beer keeps all the properties of the beer and at the same time, it doesn’t dry the hair. For this reason, it is recommended for a beauty treatment.
Why should you use beer for hair?
It is a well-known treatment for the hair, which was used by the Egyptian people to take care of it.
This drink has a lot of nutrients, such as vitamins and proteins. So beercan hydrate and nourish the hair. Not only that, but it also clarifies the hair color and gives it major sheen.
Many people use it to stimulate the growth of the hair, as well as a treatment for the frizzy hair.
7 Benefits Of Beer For Hair-
1. Makes your hair shinier
The bubbles in your beer aren’t just for the show. Beer is made with malt which can make your hair shinier. If you have been dealing with dull and lifeless hair, give beer rinse a try. In case your hair is too dry and flat, whip up a beer hair mask with some beer, water, and olive oil. Apply it all over your hair and you will have the luster that you have always wanted.
2. Adds volume to the hair
Beer has activated yeast in it which helps in plumping up the cuticles of hair that helps in adding the volume. So, if you are planning to go out, try beer rinse. It will add volume to your hair by making them bouncy.
3. Strengthens your hair
Beer is rich in protein which is what our hair is primarily made up of. It can help in repairing the hair damaged due to excessive use of chemicals, heat, and styling. A simple rinse can strengthen the locks. Moreover, it nourishes the hair silently.
4. For better hair growth
Beer is made with a hop, yeast, and malt which make it rich in Vitamin B12, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and anti-oxidants. This nutritious concoction promotes hair growth. Not only this, but alcohol is also known to fasten the blood movement. As it improves the blood circulation of the scalp, it helps new hair to grow.
5. Helps in getting rid oily scalp
Beer has an acidic PH which helps in getting rid of the oily and greasy scalp. It controls the oil production of the scalp and removes extra pollutants from it.
6. For gentle cleansing
Beer is a great cleansing agent. You can mix some bubble beer with a mild shampoo and use it for cleaning your hair. Beer isn’t hard on the scalp and since it checks the oil build-up, with regular use you will notice that your hair does not require shampooing as it used to.
7. For conditioning the hair
Beer closes the hair shaft which helps to control the frizz in the hair. Warm a cup of flat beer and add some olive oil to it. After the shampoo, use this mixture as a conditioner instead of your regular chemical-rich conditioner. It will make your hair so soft that you won’t be able to stop playing with your own locks!
How To Use Beer For Hair Growth
1. Beer Rinse
You Will Need
- 1 cup beer
- Leave the beer out overnight or for a couple of hours so that it goes flat.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and then condition it. If you have oily hair, you can skip conditioning.
- Pour the flat beer through your hair. Massage it into your scalp and hair and wait for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the beer out of your hair with cool water.
Once a week.
2. Beer And Honey
Honey is a humectant, which means that it helps condition hair. Research also shows that honey can help reduce severe dandruff and chronic seborrheic dermatitis. This mask helps hair grow and keeps the scalp clean.
You Will Need
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 banana
- 1 egg yolk
- Shower cap
- Blend the ingredients until you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture to your hair by massaging it into your roots and working it down the length of your hair to the tips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap to avoid a mess. Wait with the mixture in your hair for 1-2 hours.
- Wash the mixture out with your regular shampoo and finish with the conditioner.
Once a week.
3. Beer Shampoo For Hair Growth
Beer might be able to remove build-up and dirt from the scalp and hair. This makes the hair healthier. Anecdotal evidence suggests that using a beer shampoo helps the hair shine.
You Will Need
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 1 cup shampoo
- Pot for boiling
- Boil the beer for about 15 minutes in a pot. Don’t worry if the beer evaporates and loses half its volume as this is normal.
- Once the beer has cooled down to room temperature, mix it with a cup of shampoo.
- Rinse your hair with water and massage the beer shampoo into your hair until it starts to lather.
- Wash the shampoo out with cool water.
2-3 times a week.